Pages

Saturday 28 July 2012

Hashbrowns

Hello everyone, I was originally going to post this with the previous entry but as that last one's formatting was giving me some grief, I will post it separate. 

Usually for our monthly group we make potluck to share. So that morning I whipped up some hash browns for my potluck recipe. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the finished product but here it the recipe. These are easy to make and a huge hit!!

Hash browns

4-5 potatoes
1 tbsp oil
salt, pepper to taste
fresh herbs or dried herbs to taste
1 onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic minced

Wash potatoes and cut up in cubes. I like my cubes smaller (about 1-1.5cm squares) as they cook faster but you can have them larger or smaller if you need. I keep the skin on but if you like it off you can. The skin has most of the nutrients so it seems wasteful to remove it. 

Put potatoes, onions and garlic in a dish with some water and microwave for about 10 min. You can also boil the potatoes on the stove instead but make sure they don't get mushy. You want them to be a little bit cooked but still firm. Drain the water out.

Put the oil in the pan and add the potatoes mix into the pan. Cook them for about 20 minutes or more till they start to brown on the sides. Add the seasonings you would like to add. I added some of my fresh dill, oregano, rosemary and sage to mine and they were delish! 

Eat and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment