Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Skill Share Class

So I have been in hiding for a while... I apologize. We did some major events for work all in a row with large numbers of people and I have been planning like crazy. Now that everything is done life is starting to slow down again. Whew. No more festivals for a while I hope. :)

In other news, I have recently been taking an illustration class on Skillshare from Brad Woodard. This is the first class I have taken so far on this site but I am loving it. He is teaching us about illustrating Colour, Pattern and Texture. Usually I use Photoshop for most of my work but I have really been wanting to learn Illustrator. So to challenge myself for this class I have been trying to do everything in Illustrator. It has been a struggle and some times I feel like it takes me so much longer to even put the design to reality, but I have made it work... sort of. The class ends soon, which is sad but I feel that I have learned a lot so far. 

Here is my interim design. It is not really done yet but I am a little stuck. We are illustrating either the word LOUD or the word quiet. This design is a representation of quiet. Let me know your thoughts.




3 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks awesome! Love the trees. I have never used photoshop or illustrator.... should probably learn.

    Will we see you at Andy and Julia's wedding in July? I wish we were making it to Matthew and Caroline's but unfortunately we won't be able to make it to France this year! ~Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) I am still working on it since not 100% happy with the outcome. >_<

    Yes i will be at A and J wedding but still undecided about france. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small Business Phone Service are used by small to medium sized companies to meet their communication requirements. Telecom industry finds it difficult to deal with needs of small firms and home-based businesses, as it may not be economically viable to provide service.

    ReplyDelete